The Major Barriers identified by Independent Living Center Lalitpur are as follows:
- Physical barriers to places of work, shops, education, health facilities, public buildings, roads, housing and other public places.
- Lack of accessible transportation, information and communication and technology.
- Lack of necessary services i.e., Personal Assistant services, assistive devices, reasonable accommodation,
- Lack of Employment or Social Security, rights and responsibilities to support living independently.
- Lack and inappropriate of domestic laws, regulations, policies or practice that forces persons with disabilities to live segregated and institutional setting against their will and preferance.
- Attitudes about the ability of people with disabilities to live where and with whom they choose and to make decisions for themselves.